Monday, July 23, 2007

just an update

So my Bitter Little Man has tried to get back to work. This really worries me. Ya know when you break your leg or arm or something it usually takes 4-6 wks to heal, maybe even 8 wks, but my husband fractures his back and thinks in 3 almost 4 wks he's ready to go. He worked one day last week and came home early because his back hurt. I told him not to try and rush healing just because he's worried about pleasing his dad or because he's worried about our money situation. The money part is the part I worry about and so far we haven't lost our house or anything. As far as his dad goes, I just don't know why he doesn't tell his dad that his back hurts and it's hard for him to bend still and that he just needs a little more time. Men.... I'm sure he's bored out of his mind being home all this time. I know he wants to get his strength back as quickly as possible. He wants to be ready if the U.S. Marshals call him. I just feel like he's doing more harm than good. But I'm not his Mom so I kind of try to keep my mouth shut.

In other news, I actually got out this weekend with my girlfriends. Thank GOD! It's been nearly a month since seeing them and being able to vent and whatnot. We had a great time and ended up at this quiet little bar just chatting. I truly wouldn't know what to do without my friends. Because of my lack of a real family unit, they ARE my family, my sisters. I confide more in them than my husband or my real life sis. This night out was just the break I needed from the Girl and my Bitter Man. I was a little tired the next day but completely refreshed and ready to be a good wife and mom again. I don't really understand women that are stay at home moms and don't really get out or connect with other women. I just don't know how they do it! I would be out of my mind! I know a SAHM that literally stays home with her 4 children and home schools them and goes to church on Sunday and that's about it. The thought just makes me want to scream.

I have resolved to try harder with my Mom. I'm going to try and get her every other weekend for lunch with us or a trip to the park or something. I have had such a hard time dealing with her being ill/handicapped. It's been many years and I just can't seem to accept it. I still believe that it's possible for her to get better, even though I know she can't. So these remaining years of her life I am going to try. Try to be the daughter I should have been 15 yrs ago. I don't want her to not know her granddaughter or to forget my husband, I want to make her happy and try and bring some light into her life again. So I will begin this coming weekend by getting her and bringing her to my house. I will make her a nice lunch and just let her hang out and watch The Girl and cuddle my kitties (she LOVES animals). Hopefully this will make both of us feel a little bit better.

No comments: