Monday, July 2, 2007

It's official

It's official I have one whole person that read my blog! It happens to be Greentshirt. Just love her! So I guess now that she's checking in on me I better start trying to make this kind of interesting. I could wow ya'll out there with the super duper story of my 3 yr old puking all night last night. Well maybe that's not a good way to start. I guess I'll start by officially giving a little history of myself.

I'm 31 yrs old (big gulp). I know that's not old but God it sure feels like it these last couple of days. I am a wife and mother. My husband is affectionately known as Bitter Little Man and my daughter is simply The Girl. They both keep me running and sometimes cursing and sometimes crying. I guess that's normal. I am a full time college student. This is my second or third attempt at getting a real education. I think I have finally found my niche though. I have started taking nursing classes at the community college here in town and so far I really like it. And considering that I am constantly nursing The Girl and Bitterman I should be an old pro. My husband is the most accident prone individual on the planet. No joke! I can't tell you the amount of times he's come home from work (he does steel construction) and half a pant leg is gone from his jeans because he caught himself on fire while welding or something. Or the amount of times he's come home and said "Hon, can you rinse my eyes out for me? I have metal shavings in them again." Or my favorite is his mangled hands that are constantly bleeding, red, swollen, bruised. He likes grossing me out I think. Like with flaps of skin dangling from his finger or whatever. Yuck! Sorry about the graphics, but that literally is what I deal with on a daily basis. I have a little break from it now because a week ago he and my daughter wrecked the 4 wheeler they were on and he now has a fractured back. See what I mean??? They both are healing quickly though so it won't be long before I am grossed out again. What else can I tell you about me??? I am the oldest of 4 kids. We grew up Mormon (big shreik). I sometimes wonder how my parents ever did that religion for as long as they did. My father still goes every Sunday, but the rest of us have fallen away from the flock so to speak. I kind of believe in something, not sure what, but I think that if I am a good person and try to be good to the people in my life then I'll be ok and arrive at the "pearly gates" or wherever. I love going out and getting silly drunk with my girlfriends on Friday night. It's the one thing that keeps me sane. I'm addicted to Jack n Coke. I'm your whiskey girl. Or a good Cosmo or Mojito, or a beer. Well obviously I'm not that picky. I am not a raging alcoholic even though it kind of sounds that way. I desperately want to travel and explore this world we live in. With a 3 yr old this becomes a little difficult, but I'm trying.

About my bros and sis. Well I have 2 bros. we'll call them Jay and Silent Bob. Jay's the youngest of the bunch and he is cocky, self absorbed, mean sometimes, but hard working and seems to have become a good father (I'm not sure how). Silent Bob is quiet, very hard working, sensitive to a fault, though you wouldn't know by looking at him, and is trying very hard to be a good, single parent (his babymama is a complete crack whore!). My sis, we'll call her Bea, is a very intellectual, creative, artsy fartsy, organic, California living, drug counseling beautiful person. I love her and look up to her and admire her. She is such a unique person. So that's the short version of my family and me. I'm sure I will be able to fill pages with stories of the stuff my bros do and the accidents my Bitterman gets into. So for now, I'm out!

No comments: