Wednesday, August 1, 2007

Excitement

It is now officially August and my summer seems to be dwindling quickly. I feel like I didn't get anything done or do anything fun. I did go t0 a wonderful wedding, Key Largo, and we are going camping in Delaware in a couple weeks. So I guess I did have some fun. At the end of this month the fun is over and I start back to school. It may be weird, but I am getting really excited about it. Last semester I just loved my classes. They were challenging, fun, interesting, and gave me something more to talk about than just my hubby and the Girl. This fall I am taking 2 night classes, an online class, and hopefully I can get into a morning class while the Girl is in preschool. I'm going to be working on that tomorrow. If I can make that happen then I will still be full time and still get all of my aid/loans. I just hope the Girl doesn't get booted out of this daycare like she did that last one. I think this summer she has really grown and changed. Her vocabulary and sense of right and wrong have increased dramatically. I don't know how, but they have. She is very quick these days to tell us when she's done something wrong and immediately apologize. Of course, this is mainly because if we find out about it after the fact then usually the punishment is much worse for her. Her language skills have grown too. I think the kids next door that she has been playing with are not such a good influence. She says "Oh shit, man", holy crap, what the hell, and she is obsessed with kissing on the mouth. So needless to say she hasn't been over there much and as far as tv watching goes she has been limited to noggin and disney and that's about it. She used to watch shows at night with us, but even the kissing on those shows inspires her to try and open mouth kiss me and her daddy. YUCK!! I am sure once she gets into this new preschool class which is at a church, she will kick those bad habits. Hopefully.... I guess that's all the news for now. I can't wait for classes to start and to get out of my house without my child and hubby!

No comments: