Friday, August 24, 2007

Vacay and WW update

For those of you that don't know, I have been on vacation for the last 6 days. Me and my fam. went to Camp Henlopen State Park in Delaware. We camped and hung out at the beach for 6 days. It was soooo much fun. We went with my sis in law, her 4 kids, her fiancee, their friends and their 4 kids. So it was a pretty big group. When we got into Delaware the weather was HOT and very sticky. Not exactly perfect weather to set up a tent in and unpack a car. Once we got settled in and I lost about 3 lbs just sweating, we sat down to figure out what the plans were for the week. The plans were beach, beach, bay, beach, beach and possibly some outlet shopping if time allowed. I just loved it. Unfortunately, Bitterman and I brought typical Binghamton weather down with us and by day 2 of out trip it was considerably cooler and rainy. No worries. We went to the beach and it was about 75 and sunny. The waves were incredible. Our poor Girl wanted so badly to run in and swim with her cousins, but I was soo afraid that the waves would pummel her to death that I made her stand with me holding her hand the whole time. She actually got a big kick out of this because everytime a wave crashed into her, she just picked up her feet and knew that I had her. There were a couple times that I got pummeled by the waves and we both went down, but other than that she loved it. We built sandcastles and dug for shells, it was really a great time. I don't think there is anything more fun than seeing your child experience something for the first time. Every single thing was amazing to her. On our 3rd day in it was very overcast and misting in the morning. We decided to go to the Bay because the water is calmer and The Girl could just go in and swim and float and I wouldn't have to be right there. This was much better from a mommy point of view. There were close bathrooms (not port-a-pottys like at the beach), a food stand and a DQ if the need for ice cream came up. The Girl loved this. She swam and swam until it started to really rain and even then there was a slight meltdown because she didn't want to get out of the water. So we bribed her with DQ. We packed up our whole crew and headed over to Dairy Queen and got some lunch and a large blizzard to share. I forgot how much I miss DQ living back here in NY. I mean it's no Cold Stone, but the blizzards are soooooo good. After getting rained out at the beach we went back to camp and decided to get some drinks and food going and just chill at camp for the rest of the day. It was a very wet night. Still had tons of fun though. I got to know my niece and nephews and talk to them and The Girl made some new friends and they all played and listened to music and rode bikes. That night we took all the kids to the pier to fish and try crabbing. We didn't have any luck with any fish, but we did get one blue crab and 2 huge hermit crabs. This was the coolest thing to the kids. I just can't tell you what a GREAT time we had. The last day was so rainy. We spent one whole day at camp basically in our tents because the rain was really bad. We decided to hit the outlets. I found some fantastic deals! I went into OshKosh and was able to get the Girl jeans and 4 shirts for 27 bucks! The jeans themselves were originally 35! I also found her an adorable Nike running suit for about 20 bucks, originally 45. The outlets down there are just fabulous and for the most part the prices are very good. There were a few stores that didn't discount their prices at all, but overall there really were some great stores and deals. We got home late Wed. night and unpacked everything. You can not believe the amount of sand we brought home with us! What a mess! Yesterday was spent putting up the tent again and getting all the sand out, doing all of our sandy laundry, and mowing our very high grass. We also unloaded our whole garage for a yard sale this weekend. So I got a workout yesterday.
Yesterday was also my weekly WW meeting. I had to weigh in and was so scared because of just eating whatever I wanted on vacay. I only gained a pound and a half. Not to shabby. I can lose that no problem and hopefully a couple more with it. So by next week I may be back on track. I really like the meetings. They're kind of goofy and it's just a bunch of women giggling and talking about food, but they really do help. Our leader Heidi, is really motivating, funny, and not afraid to share her stories of weight loss and gain. She has almost brought me to tears a few times. I am going to miss her once school starts next week. I am going to have to find another meeting time to go to cuz I have class on Thurs. nights. I really should be looking into that. On school news. I went to get my books yesterday. What a crock. Last semester my books didn't evern cost $200. This semester they cost $500. The school only sent me a check for $250 for books. I don't get my refund until next week. So I won't be able to get my math book until Tues. hopefully. This may not sound like a big deal to ya'll, but I am a geek. I pride myself on being ready and raring to go on the first day of class. I have my pens, pencils, calculator, notebooks, highliters, sticky pads, and whatever else all ready in my bag. See how this whole missing book thing causes a problem?? I know I am a geek. I can't help it. I watch so many of these kids that don't get a book all semester and wonder how the hell do they think they are going to learn anything. Then they are struggling to look on with someone else. I just don't want that to happen to me. I know it won't, but it is my fear. I just like being prepared. I'm paying to much money to screw it up this time. Ok, well, I have rambled enough for one day.....

No comments: