Saturday, August 4, 2007

School update

I finally got my schedule the way I want it for school. I swear I think my advisor is a frickin idiot. She just rushes and puts in whatever she thinks is good without really explaining anything to me. So because of my lack of daycare and whatnot I had this crappy schedule of 2 night classes, and online course and I still needed a class to continue being full time. I went to the school yesterday and got to talk to one of the advisors that was covering for the summer. She was AWESOME! She smiled, talked, asked me questions, and explained that the courses I was signed up for weren't even really necessary to get into the nursing program. I was like well thank you for clearing that up. So now I still have 2 night classes, an online course, and a morning course in the time frame I needed for The Girl's daycare. I feel much better about this schedule. The online course is Medical Terminology, which I have previously taken, so I think that will be much easier than English to do online. I got my Math class that I desperately needed and got to take an interesting course called Western Humanities. Plus my sociology class sounds pretty interesting too. I am very relieved and excited about this fall. I hope these prove to be a good fit for me.

On other news I have been fighting a cold for the last couple of days. How does one get a cold in the summer anyway? I've never really been sick in the summer, until now. And let me tell you... it totally sucks. I think I feel worse just because it's hot and humid and yucky... Despite the fact that I feel like crap I did go on Thurs. to my first Weight Watchers meeting. I went with my BFF and it wasn't at all like I imagined it would be. I was very welcoming and comforting and I actually knew about 5 people there from previous jobs or school. I'm excited about doing this and seeing results. Day one went well and I stuck to my food and points guidelines all day, I even had points left so I went and had a couple of beers with my friends, but then after having the few beers, I then got the overwhelming urge to eat a cheeseburger. So I did and used some of my flex points. I'll get back on track today. I really hope that this proves to be good for me. They told me my lowest weight I should get to because of my height is 113lb. HA! I haven't been 113 since I was like 10 yrs old! At this point I would be thrilled to just get to around 180! So the journey begins and hopefully I will be able to give reports of my shrinking body as time goes on!

No comments: