Saturday, January 3, 2009

WHAT TO DO, WHAT TO DO?

The last few weeks have been completely crazy. Between the wedding, my super prego sister being home, Christmas and New Years I feel like I have been running non-stop! Now that it's all done....I kind of feel bored and lost. I not sure what I have to look forward to now. Weird huh? I do have a wedding that I'm in in June, so that's something and I have friends coming in from Hawaii in March. But overall, it's like I'm coming down from a super high and now all I have is the munchies and I'm feeling tired.

My dietitician visits haven't really been going that well lately either. I started with her about 3 months ago. She wanted me to journal all my food intake, only take in 1700 cal. a day, and exercise as much as I can during the week. At first I was all about it. I was all over the journaling and working out (and it worked!), but now I've kind of lost interest. I've been eating better. Less eating out and stuff. But I just feel like it's a pain in the ass to journal every single day. The working out has kind of fizzled too just because I feel like I haven't really had the time to get there. Along with the dietitician I have also started seeing a therapist. My weight seems to be linked to the fact that I sabotage myself. Whenever I get semi close to my goal ( being under 200lbs) I find some reason or whatever to go ahead and eat whatever I want. I blame it on having my period, being stressed, being to busy to cook a decent meal...the list could go on forever. So by talking to my therapist this is supposed to help identify why I do this to myself. So far though, I only really discovered that I have a LOT of issues with my Mom, my Mom in law and I have a LOT of anger because of my Dad and my Sis in law. I'm a work in progress.

My hopes for the immediate future are to get back to classes and start to get my normal routine back together. I want to get to the gym AT LEAST 3 days a week and I really need to start planning meals and cooking healthier. I am SO over this battle of the bulge thing. I'm not putting this out as a New Years resolution or whatever. Just that I'm sick and tired of being...well...not so skinny. For a very short term goal I'm going to work on losing 5 lbs over the next 2 weeks. After that, I'm going to shoot for another 5 lbs. I'm going to start making meal plans for the week so when I shop I know exactly what I'm getting and don't start buying a bunch of crap. Hopefully, these will all help me get back on track!! I'm gonna start posting pics again too so I can track how my body is changing (well hopefully changing). Ok well that's it for now!

1 comment:

Cheri said...

Don't you just love how counseling brings up. Taa ton of issues, namely baggage that you didn't even know you were still carrying around? I'm right there with you sister!! I think you're goal of losing 5 lbs in 2 weeks is a great place to start. Take baby steps and begore you know it, you will get where you want to be. Just remember that you are not alone. If we both support and motivate each other then we can and will be successful :O)