Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Motivation

Ok peeps....I need some motivation. This having the summer off with my girl thing has made me kind of lazy. I haven't completely stopped working out, but I'm not doing nearly as much as I could. I went to see a dietician yesterday. My doctor thinks I may need to "tweak" some of my normal routines to jumpstart my weight loss. So the dietician was the next step. She was really nice and helpful. On top of my working out she wants me to drop my calories (1700 a day instead of 1800). She also wants me to add a "stir-up" exercise in at the end of the week. This stir up thing is an exercise that is either longer in duration, more intense, or more frequent. So one day a week you move more, harder, or longer than your previous exercises. My goal this week is to get at least 2 days at the gym and 2 days walking from home. Then my "stir-up" would be to hit the gym and intesify my workout for 45 minutes. Wish me luck....

On other news I am starting back at classes on the 25th. I can't wait to be honest. I'm really looking forward to my Anatomy and Physiology class. I think it will be fun. I know. I'm a dork. But I also am really looking forward to the Girl getting back into preschool and out from under my feet! I can't wait to just be around adults for a few hours everyday again!!! The conversation this summer with the Girl hasn't been stimulating to say the least. She's probably getting sick of me too at this point. So September can't get here fast enough!!!

For a quick weight loss update I am down 2 lbs. So let's see my starting weight in Jan. was 218, I'm at 205 now. 13 lbs gone and holding, holding, holding......

2 comments:

Keetha said...

I know what you mean about back to school; if I could figure out a way to go to school and get paid for it, I'd do it in a heartbeat!

This is my second week on the Couch to 5K. Today did not go well. And now my ankles hurt; am I already making excuses for Friday's workout??

Beck said...

yeah i ran during my walk for maybe 2 minutes total. i just didn't feel it tonight.... no excuses!!! you can do it!!!