Thursday, July 3, 2008

blahdity blah blah blah

I'm bored. I'm sitting here listening to Purple Rain (yes the movie from 1984) and loving every minute of it. Who doesn't love 1984 Prince and his funky purpleness?

My Bitter Little Man is out on the town tonight with the guys. I always wonder what a "guys night" actually consists of. I mean I know my husband. He's not into the stripper thing, he's not a big drinker, he's not into bar hopping and clubbing. So I wonder what exactly they do. He's not into sports either. Is it shop talk all night?? That seems kind of boring. I hope he's having fun.

I'm trying to get our Girl to go to bed. Now that preschool is over she has no desire to keep any kind of a schedule no matter how hard I try. As I sit here typing she is looking through old pictures that I dug out and asking a million and one questions. Here's a bit of our conversation:

The Girl: (looking at first official hospital photo of her) Who's this?

Me: It's you when you were just born.

The Girl: Did I have blood on me?

Me: (wondering where she got that idea) Well yes you did have some blood on you.

The Girl: Is it because I came out of your back?

Me: (rolling with laughter) Well no Baby Goose, you did not come out of my back. I delivered you vaginally.

The Girl: Huh???

Me: That means I had pushed you out the old fashioned way. (giggling just a bit)

The Girl: (blank stare, now walking away from me)

Just so ya'll know, my Girl is 4. She is smarter than me on most days (and I'm ok with that for the most part), but little conversations like this just tickle me to death! It just amazes me what goes thru a 4 yr old brain. She is so aware of everything. The littlest detail she catches it and stores it in that brain of hers. It just amazes me....

No comments: