Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Relieved...

My baby girl made it back from her trip to see her cousins in PA. She actually was very good according to my sis. in law and had a GREAT time. What a relief! I was so worried about her freaking out in the middle of the night or not eating because she's not at home. It turns out I was worried for nothing. The four days without her was wonderful. Bitterman and I went and did date type things all weekend. We had a wedding on friday night, which was fun, but we could've skipped it in my opinion. We went out drinking with friends afterwards. Together. We haven't gone out together in probably 3 yrs. So that was really fun! We spent Saturday shopping, walking around holding hands, going to lunch together without a kid in tow, and just enjoying each other's company. It was kind of weird getting in the swing of NOT having a kid with us. I think we both forgot how to just talk to each other. It may sound strange, but we learned how to "date" each other again this weekend. We also went to the movies and shared popcorn and a soda, we slept in, and went out for breakfast at noon!!! It was wonderful. I have to admit when Sunday came I was ready to have my Girl back, though. Bitterman and I spent most of our time out of the house mainly because the house was so quiet and empty without the Girl there. We didn't know what to do! Things are back to normal today. Me and the Girl are getting back into our routine and it feels really good. So there ya have it, my Girl made it thru her long weekend and so did I.

No comments: