Tuesday, September 25, 2007

Weekly update

So I'll get to the news right off the bat. I gained a 1/2lb. That's .5 lb..... I guess considering I didn't journal hardly at all this last week and the fact that I have eaten prolly 15 cupcakes between Sat. and today, a 1/2 lb isn't that bad. I got on the scale today and totally expected a 2 lb gain. My goal for this week is to lose 3 lbs. I know that sounds a little high, but I think I can do it. I've started doing my Namaste Yoga again and I have continued walking with Amy. This sunday we are doing the Breast Cancer Walk. It's 3 miles. No biggy. That's what Amy and I have been walking, but I'm hoping by doing charitable walks I will be able to work up to maybe a run one of these days. I still am loving the WW program. The meetings are totally inspiring and motivational. I can't tell you how amazed I am every week by these women and men that are losing 10, 20, 30 lbs. Alot of these people are a lot older than me too. I figure if they can do it, so can I. There is this older couple probably in their 60s that just started maybe 2 weeks ago and they both have lost about 15 lbs in 2 weeks. Can you believe that??? They said they are following the plan to the letter and just supporting each other and walking. I just think it's GREAT. Stories like that make me want to work that much harder. So that's what I'm going to do! This week I am going to try even harder. Hopefully I have good news to report next week!

On school news, I am starting to feel the effects of being home during the day with The Girl. I have a TON of reading to do with 2 of my classes. My Humanities class has us reading 50-200 page critiques every 2 weeks and writing 5 pg essays on them, and my Sociology class has us reading up on social problems and also writing essays. I'm finding it very difficult to keep up with my regular class reading and all these project readings. The Girl does not give me a second to myself during the day except when she naps. For that 1-2 hrs I usually am cleaning, working out, getting dinner stuff together, reading, working on my math, or whatever. It never seems to be enough time to actually get any real reading done. So I've kind of been in panic mode the last few days. I'm trying not to freak out, but it's hard. I really need A's this semester so I can apply for the nursing program in March. OY!!! Ok well now that I got that off my chest I feel a little bit better.

The Girl and Bitterman are both doing well. It seems that I only write about school and WW these days. Bitterman is back to work finally and I can't wait til Fri. when we have a regular paycheck again! He's been trying to take it easy, but he comes home and is sooo sore, so I know he's not taking it easy. I really wish he would just stop with the family business. I mean he is a college educated man with a great work ethic. He should be able to go out and do anything. We are still waiting on the U.S. Marshals. The gov't is the slowest machine. I swear. He's also started looking at maybe going back to school. The VA will pay for school completely. I think he should do that. We'll find a way to make it all work. I just wish we could wash our hands of the business. His parents, well his Dad, has basically told him that he doesn't think Bitterman can handle the business because of his lack of faith in God. Which is so not true. Bitterman has faith he just doesn't chose to display it like his Dad does. So why keep it going? Because my inlaws just bought a $120,000 RV so that they can take the quadruplets on ATV trips! My mother in law has told them that they can never retire or give up the business. No pressure...Bitterman feels like if he walks away from the business then he is letting them down and that they will be in debt over their heads. I keep telling him that it's not HIS fault THEY bought the damned thing. ARGHHHH! I just wish he would change jobs and maybe we could move. Not far away, but away from the inlaws. Wow that totally turned into a rant....sorry about that. Well that's about as much and I can do for today. I love blogging, it's so therapeutic.....

No comments: