Tuesday, September 4, 2007

Changes

So since beginning back at classes, I have missed my WW meeting. I went to a new one this morning at a different church and it was really pretty good. There was a ton of people and they sold way more WW goodies at this meeting. I have lost a 1/2 lb. Not superb, but I will take it. Considering that I haven't been journaling the last few days and labor day was an eating frenzy and the family reunion on Sun. also consisted of a few of my favorite things, I am very pleased with the 12 lb being gone. I know something is working because I went shopping and had to buy SMALLER jeans. Just one size smaller, but hey, one size is one size. I was equally impressed because my shirts that I bought were larges, not extra larges. This may be a fluke, Old Navy tends to fit me differently than any other store, but I will, for now, accept my smaller sizes and be happy. I also bought a bike over this last week and found that I stink at riding a bike. When we were at the beach a few weeks ago, I rode a bike and it didn't seem that hard, that's what convinced me and Bitterman to buy bikes. Well let me tell you....it is hard. I decided to ride it on a main road by my house and just see how far I could go. Well I think I rode for about 15 mins and just about died. The littlest hill just about killed me. My thighs were burning, my butt was sore, and my calves were screaming at me. I think the bike seats have shrunk since I was kid. too. They just don't feel as good as they used to. So I came back and tried to head the other way with less hills or inclines of any kind. This also just about killed me. I then turned around again and came home. I had to walk my bike up my little hill before my house. Talk about embarrassing. Noone actually saw this, but I knew and I was embarrassed. I walked in the house and Bitterman was like, "So how was your ride?". "Did you go very far?" I only rode total for just under a 1/2 hour and I was dripping with sweat and couldn't complete a sentence and my legs were like jello. He just kind of laughed and reminded me how hard it actually is. He then gently reminded me that he rode 8 miles the day or so before. Showoff.....so my plan is to try and just start getting back into biking at the local park slowly. On straight a ways and what not. Then I'll worry about some hills.
Let's see what else is going on.....The Girl starts pre-k on thurs. This is very exciting. It's only a 2 1/2 hr pre-k program, but it is all state mandated and from what I have heard from a friend whose son was there last yr, it is absolutely fabulous! So I can't wait to see how she does. I hope that any biting, hitting, or bullying of any kind has gotten out of her system over the summer. My mom in law took The Girl shopping today for new school clothes. This is the first yr that she really kind of gets it. She was sooo excited to look at jeans, shirts, hoodies, socks, and sneaks. You name it she wanted it. Meme (my mom in law) probably would have bought it all if I had let her. The Girl ended up with 2 fall/halloween outfits, a pair of jeans, a ballerina dress, a couple of shirts and a hoodie. Not to shabby I guess. That is one thing that my Mom in law is very good for. She loves buying clothes for her grandkids. Thank the Lord up above!

I think that's about as exciting as it gets for now. Hope ya'll had a great labor day weekend and I'll check in next week!

No comments: