Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Stolen idea

So one of my other blogger friends posted about her general lack of sex drive. I'm gonna steal that topic. Why?? Because I have ZERO interest in sex. I mean I can see a hot guy and think hmmm he's hot, I bet he'd be fun to __________. My poor husband thinks it's him. That I don't love him anymore. When that's not the case at all. I love him dearly, but every time he touches me I pull away. I know it has a lot to do with my weight and that I just don't feel sexy/attractive. I know it has a lot to do with the fact that we are basically roommates these days. I know it has a lot to do with the fact that my husbands idea of foreplay is grabbing my butt and saying come on. Why is it so hard for me to just enjoy sex and enjoy the fact that my husband loves me and my body just the way it is? I personally blame my issues on years of Mormon religion being shoved down my throat about being chaste and virtuous and waiting until marriage. Being the submissive wife and all that jazz. It's just not me. Never was. I used to be really sexually independent. Is that the right term? I was able to speak to my partner openly about what I liked. I've somehow lost that ability in the 12 yrs I've been married. I'm in my mid thirties and my doctor says it's normal. He has lots of female patients saying the same thing to him. But yet there's no solution....therapy is an option. But I've kinda been there and done that and it didn't help my sex drive one bit. So what do I do? I'm not sure...

2 comments:

Mrs. G. said...

Having been married 20 years, I can only say relationships have peaks and valleys. When my kids were younger and we were all super busy, it was not uncommon to have a dry spell--everyone was tired. But one thing I do know is that if you schedule the time and commit to it, how do I put this, once you get started, it usually ends up being pretty fun. It seems unromantic to have to schedule time "together" but if you wait to be spontaneous, you may never get around to it. A new toy never hurt one bit either. Don't beat yourself up. Peaks and valleys!

Beck said...

Thanks for the advice Mrs. G!