Monday, July 19, 2010

Motivation

Ok I was all gung ho last week with this Insanity workout thing and now this week I've completely fizzled. My sis came into town on Thursday and that kind of threw a wrench into my workout/diet routine, but really it's more of an excuse than anything. She would have worked out with me at any time while she was here. We did workout on Friday though! So I really only skipped two workouts last week. Today though....yeah...just. not. feeling. it. I'm hoping my child will nap later and then I can fit a workout in. It's nearly impossible to workout if it's just her and I in the house. She watches and jumps on my back and giggles and really makes it hard to focus on what I'm doing. So let's cross our fingers for a nap, shall we?

In other news, I was recently hired to be a nurse assistant at a local hospital. I'm totally psyched to be working even if it is only per diem work. I haven't worked in 3 yrs!! On the other hand though I'm completely freaking out because I have no idea how I'm going to balance a job, school (nursing classes are ridiculously paperwork oriented), being a mom, wife and friend, and still have time in there for me. As it was this last semester nearly killed me!! So we'll see how it goes. I keep thinking about my mom. How the hell did she do it?? She was a single mom raising 4 children, she worked, went to and actively participated in church activities, went back to school in her 40s for her masters, was able to attend all school and sport events for us kids, kept a full vegetable garden and flower garden, and cooked from scratch every night. Where in the world did she find the time? I just have one child that isn't into any sports at the moment and I feel pressed for time. Maybe it's because she had to do and be all these things. I don't know...it just seems crazy to me.

So yeah...here's to Motivation!! I really wish I had some...

No comments: