Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Common Interests

So today I logged onto a few of my favorite blogs and realized there are a LOT of moms like me out there. Moms with one, two, three or four kids that are still hip, cool, with it, or whatever the lingo of the moment is. I guess sometimes I feel like I'm the only Mom in America that refuses to give up the things I LOVE for my child. Like I refuse to give up my time with my girlfriends on the weekends (usually just friday night for a bit). I refuse to give up the music I like to listen to and listen to KIDZ BOP or Disney or whatever all day everyday. I also refuse to give up MY time. Like the 2 hours a day I get while my child is in preschool. I NEED that time. What brought this on you might ask? Well Ree over thepioneerwoman.com is doing a Zune Giveaway and asks what concerts her readers have seen in their lives. I have been to a LOT of concerts in the last 18 yrs or so. I was a hair band groupie (or wannabe at least). I absolutely LOVE LOVE LOVE seeing live shows. This is one thing that I did give up when I became a parent. Most of the concerts I would like to see now are hours away these days and it's hard to find a sitter or save the money up to travel or whatever not to mention finding people to go with me is getting harder and harder these days. It was fun to read a bunch of her readers comments about the concerts they have been to and why these women don't follow their favorite band anymore. I realized that there is a whole bunch of cool chics out there that are in the same boat. Trying to stay cool while being stay at home moms (that's what the majority seemed to be). My point I guess is that I don't feel like an oddball now because I realize that there are a lot of Moms out there that are cool, hip chics that manage to hold down the fort while maintaining the things that are important to them. Now don't get me wrong, concerts, music, and girlfriend time are not the only important things to me, but they are the top ones that keep me sane from day to day. I guess I need to start planning a concert trip or something!!! Anyone upfor the Virgin Festival in August???

2 comments:

Mrs. G. said...

And when you are tired of the hip moms, come over to my neck of the woods.

Beck said...

Thanks for stopping by Mrs. G!!! I'm honored that I even managed to be a blip on your radar! I stop by your site every single day for I nice dose of reality with a slice of beefcake on the side!