Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Weight Lifted?

So the weight of the world was not necessarily on my shoulders as I thought it was last post. I did my demo and did not do spectacularly, but they did give another chance to do better this Monday coming up. So I will try again and this time I will go in confident and know that whatever happens is meant to be. This little hiccup in my nursing existence has really got me thinking over the past 2 weeks though. I've been wondering if maybe those 2 mistakes in one time period were a sign of sorts that maybe nursing isn't for me. Maybe I was so upset about it because deep down I know that there are more things I dislike, than like about my future career. I know that I don't want to work in a nursing home, a hospital, or on a pediatric floor. I do like psychiatric nursing, but I'm a long way from being able to do that. Whatever the case may be. I'm more at peace with the whole situation and I'm ready to move on if that is what is meant to be. Now if only I didn't have to pay back the school loans....

3 comments:

Gary's third pottery blog said...

Best wishes and good luck Beck :) Those muffins are hot and smell great, and its only 45 minutes down the road, if my beagle put on a pack now and started running, you would have them in maybe 6-7 months.....but she would eat them and come home. Not the best plan :) But as I say, good luck to you :)

Beck said...

Thanks Gary!!

Jessie said...

It's so easy to get caught up in all the career stuff. I'm just about to start grad. school and I'm sure I'll be grappling with what you're writing about here for the next two years. It always helps me to remember that the average adult changes their career three times. So maybe this is just phase one of your career? Either way, good luck!